Friday 1 January 2010

Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas

Howdy, I've just returned to Weymouth, and decided writing my blog is the priority to unpacking my ridiculous amount of luggage.
So where to begin, I got back on sunday, when the snow began to fall,


me and becky went for a walk up to wells and found a rather odd sight...
Becky reckoned it was the 'buddha man' who walks around wells with no shoes, ever, and is banned from most of the shops because of this. Weird.

Monday morning woke up with a sore throat, never good, and I knew that a long and troublesome cough was coming for my christmas holiday.

The next event was on Wednesday, Daddy set off to London to deliver the mirrors he'd spent the last three weeks making in time for Xmas. It was freezing conditions when he left, but he said it'd be fine. He apparently got to Salisbury Plains, where it began to rain in the morning, unfortunately it was too cold for the rain to melt as it hit the ice, which inevitably created more ice, black ice. My dad said it froze as it hit the windscreen, and as he was pondering this, the van started to skid as he trundled along the long road at some 50mph.
He then hit the bank on the side of the road, and skidded along the bumpy surface for about 20 yards, the force of the speed of the van meant that when he hit a big bump in the bank, it was enough force to push the vehicle back onto the road, and slide it around the opposite way on the road. Luckilly the road was quiet with nothing coming that way, otherwise that would have been a head on crash. So he pulled into a layby and checked the damage, no wing mirror on his side, a big dent in the side, and 4 big mirrors smashed to smithereens, including an original antique one. And he came out of it with a broken finger nail, literally. The irony or the amount of mirrors broken must have broken the old wives tale as he was VERY lucky, this accident could have been far, far worse, two days before Christmas. >_< onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgA29PtBQylRpCfcrNR2okLm91sBzYUWNJ9beGih-aAxJz_d8qRXnFyglNN29Mk5K8rT-Pv4pZsKMldYMUx3f59xOCF0OwmTtVZoS2v8EHKcK53h6RS2YVRtxlV7NBjEHxQxXsjOqydV24/s1600-h/100_2223.JPG">

Despite this, wednesday evening was very lovely, I organised a meal for my friends at home, which was lots of laughs and lovely presents being exchanged, from a belly dancing kit, to a sky lantern. :-D Lovely, here's a pic from this evening




So Christmas came around, I got many lovely things, including a Wii which is something I really wanted, and Wiifit so I now have no excuse for not excersizing now!
Got a raving rabbids game as well, which has a game that you can control by sitting on the wiifit board and using your bum to move! haha! Lots of fun.
And Joe got my laptop, I think he was rather excited!


Also finally got round to developing my black and white pics from summer at disneyland :-) Luckilly I got quite a few of them come out after having dad's clunky Practika camera's back opening when it liked, which is not helpful. So two of my reels were half wiped, but I managed to get one whole reel of 36 pics which I was impressed with :-) Here's my favourite pic

Saw the Grandparents, my cousin mike, my auntie ruth and uncle rob, and my cousin matt, who I rarely see, which was cool.
Was going to go to Bristol to Phil and Ed's house for New Years, but two days before decided I would be far too ill to handle partying with the boys and coughing my lungs up over them. So I decided to opt for the Laurel and Hardy, followed by Jools Holland's Hootenanny option. With which I was treated with seeing out the year with my current love, Paolo Nutini <3>_<)
And then retired to the attic for the last night.

now to unpack....oh gahd.

Good to be back in the house though :-)

LOVE HOBBIT GIRL X X X X X

4 comments:

  1. Heeey Manda! I love that you have a blog now! And I am SO GLAD that your dad is alright! Too bad that the mirrors broke and that his van was damaged but at least he's okay. And Joe has GROWN! I didn't even recognize him!

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait seriously, is that Joe? Your brother? :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey me again - glad Uncle Melvin is alright, sorry to hear about the van though. This is going to sound incredibly annoying, but I can't believe how much you guys have grown up! To be fair, I haven't seen much of you all, but still. Tell Joe he has hair like my hero: Nick Drake. And that is an entirely awesome thing to possess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God sorry i haven't replied to these! It never tells me when i have comments, haha yeh he is growing fast huh bethany!!

    And dan thanks, we've only just got the van sorted out actually, and i will tell joe that, hes into rubbish heavy metal bands at the moment, i will educate him in the ways of nick drake! haha speak soon both of you x x xx

    ReplyDelete